Carrying around a Metal Detector while wearing a big set of headphones isn’t exactly the coolest look for the beach this summer, they won’t get you very far very fast as you walk, but neither are these metal detecting sandals which I assume are meant to be a more subtle approach to finding buried treasure and at least you’ll keep busy.
The right sandal connects to a removable battery pack that’s strapped to your calf and a coil in the sandals does all the work. The detector can find metal objects buried as ‘deep’ as 2 feet underfoot, and it will alert you to their presence via a flashing red light, a gentle vibration and an audible buzz. A single 9V battery will give you about 6 hours of tresure hunting. And you can find it at Hammacher Schlemmer for $59.95.
* Detect metal while you walk - find buried artifacts while strolling the beach
* Copper coil built into the right sandal
* Powered via a battery pack that straps to your calf
* Uses beat frequency oscillation technology
* Detects metal up to 2' deep
* Alerts: Flashing red light, gentle vibration or an audible buzz
* Battery lasts up to six hours
* Non-skid soles and polyurethane foam footbeds
[ Hammacher Schlemmer ] VIA [ Ohgizmo ] VIA [ Gizmodo ]